SCHOOL FEE POLICY & WITHDRAWAL POLICY
- Tuition fees are payable over approved monthly instalments and are due on the 1st day of each month. Please note that parents are held responsible for payment of tuition fees regardless of the fees are paid by an employer or by any other third parties.
- Starter kit and school uniform are mandatory and shall be purchased before the first day of school. Fees for optional items, supplementary excursion, field trips, extra-curriculars, and other activities are charged separately.
- A written “Student Withdrawal Notice” is to be submitted to the school Admissions Office at least 8 calendar weeks in advance. In cases of insufficient notice, 2 months’ fees in lieu will be due.
- If your child will be leaving school at the end of the school year, a written withdrawal notice MUST be received by 15 June. If a student is not returning to school in the following year and his/her parent has not informed the Kindergarten of the withdrawal on or before 15 June, the parent is liable to the tuition fees for September even if the student does not return to school.
- School places for the next academic year must be reserved through the settling of September’s tuition fees before the new academic year begins as a surety. This enables us to anticipate enrolment numbers accurately for the year to come.
- All closures relating but not limited to weather, health or political stability are dictated by the EDB and/or associated government authorities and must be adhered by the school. No make-up classes or refunds of tuition fees paid will be arranged in such cases. Formal confirmation will be sent to all parents/guardians upon any enforced closures.
- We accept no responsibility for any loss incurred by parents/guardians, arising directly or indirectly, as a result of the Mulberry House International Kindergarten being temporarily closed or the non-attendance of your child to the Kindergarten for any reason. This applies to absence due to sickness and holidays. EDB regulations state that all enrolled students must continue to pay tuition fees regardless of absent by sickness, Government closure or holidays.
- The Mulberry House International Kindergarten is not responsible for any lost or stolen items and items left by you including but not limited to prams, car seats and clothing. All personal belongings must be clearly labelled with the child’s full name. Any unclaimed items will be cleared from “Lost and Found” at the end of every term.
- We accept no responsibility for children whilst in their parent/guardians’ care on school premises, such as on arrival before class and after pick up.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- All children must go through hand sanitisation and temperature checks before attending classes. Children who have a temperature of 37.5°C and higher will be sent home to rest. They must be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- If your child is unwell, under any medication, or has not completely recovered from an illness, you are requested to inform us prior to class. Please do not send your child to school if s/he is sick.
- Mulberry House International Kindergarten (MHKG) has a nut free policy. Food or drinks containing nuts or nut extracts are not served during snack time. Parents of students with allergies must ensure they inform the school in writing during enrolment and update the admissions office in a timely manner whenever a new allergy is discovered or has developed.
PHOTOS & DIGITAL MEDIA
- We reserve the right to use photos, videos and/or sound recordings of children for teacher training, curriculum development, or promotional purpose, unless otherwise informed and/or parents opted out at the time of admission.
- Parents/Guardians are not permitted to take photos/videos of during class. Teachers will capture photos and videos to send to parents.
- Please do not replicate or repost images or videos of other child(ren) without explicit permission from the parents and their children.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT (PICS)
- In compliance with Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, any information which you provided during admission and/or throughout enrolment will be kept secure and confidential. It will only be handled by authorised personnel on a “need to know” basis.
- The Kindergarten may use personal data (such as name and contact details) to send communications that are relevant to parents and students, including but not limited to newsletters, programmes, courses, seminars, events and extra-curricular activities and selected third party service providers.
- The following group of activities are considered an extension of curriculum and not part of direct marketing or sending of promotional materials:
- Promoting activities related to curriculum (for example, activities paid for via “Termly Costs”) including school trips, excursions etc.
- School materials or activities that are mandatory, such as school uniforms
- Materials related to extracurricular activities etc. that are an extension to the curriculum, regardless of whether they are offered by staff or third-party agencies provided the activities are viewed as value-adding to students.
- School concerts or events that are considered an extension of curriculum.
- The school may share your personal data under these circumstances:
- With any other School setting within the Kindergarten’s network your child is attending or is transferring to.
- As required by court order, law or regulation, and/or if the Kindergarten suspects child abuse and if therefore required to disclose to the relevant authorities.
- Third-party service providers that are subjected to confidential non-disclosure agreement.
- All participants enrolled at Mulberry House International Kindergarten (MHKG) do so at their own risk. MHKG is not responsible for any loss, damage or injury to students or their guests as a result of participating in classes. MHKG reserves the right to make all final decision in the event of any dispute.
- MHKG reserves all rights to change or amend our policies, terms and conditions by notice in circumstances we consider as necessary and appropriate.