- Applications may be submitted during Kindergarten admissions periods. Parents may apply for a place for your child (ren) two years in advance of the desired year of entry, but not earlier.
- Once accepted by the school in writing, parents have 5 days to confirm their placement with the Kindergarten. All class spaces are allocated on a first-come, first served basis, based on receipt of payment.
- In considering applications from prospective students, we are very conscious of building diversity, so we welcome families of any nationality. Foreign passport holders will receive priority over local passport holders. We also take into consideration how our values as a school align with the families of our students, so we make it mandatory to meet the parents and the child(ren).
- By signing and returning the Application Form and paying the application and/or school fees, it is deemed that you have read, understood and agreed to abide by the terms and conditions set out by the Kindergarten.
SCHOOL FEE POLICY
- When applying, the administration fee is $1,200 per child. This is a non-refundable, non-transferable administration fee and does not constitute any assurance that a school place or an interview will be offered. The collection of this fee is part of the admission process which covers the cost of admissions and the child/parent observation interview.
- A security deposit of one month tuition fees will be paid on acceptance of enrollment.
- The security deposit shall be refunded net of any outstanding balance owed to the school, provided a written “Student Withdrawal Notice” is submitted to the school Admissions Office at least 8 weeks in advance. In case of insufficient notice (i.e. less than two calendar months’ notice), this deposit shall be retained and not refunded.
- If your child will be leaving school at the end of the school year, a written withdrawal notice MUST be received by 15 June. If a student is not returning to school in the following year and his/her parent has not informed the Kindergarten of the withdrawal on or before 15 June, the parent is liable to the tuition fees for September even if the student does not return to school.
- School places for the next academic year have to be reserved through making an advance payment of September’s fees as a surety. This enables us to anticipate enrolment numbers accurately for the next academic year. Advance fees are usually due upon accepting a school place for the next academic year.
- Tuition fees are collected in 10 installments. Tuition fees are collected in advance and are due on the 25th day of each month. Please note that parents are held responsible for payment of tuition fess regardless if the fees are paid by an employer or by any other third parties.
- All closures relating but not limited to weather, health or political stability are dictated by the EDB and/or associated government authorities and must be adhered by the school. No make-up classes or refunds of tuition fees paid will be arranged in such cases. Formal confirmation will be sent to all parents/guardians upon any enforced closures.
- We accept no responsibility for any loss incurred by parents/guardians, arising directly or indirectly, as a result of the Mulberry House International Kindergarten being temporarily closed or the non-attendance of your child to the Kindergarten for any reason. This applies to absence due to sickness and holidays. EDB regulations state that all enrolled students must continue to pay tuition fees regardless of absent by sickness, Government closure or holidays.
- The Mulberry House International Kindergarten is not responsible for any lost or stolen items and items left by you including but not limited to prams, car seats and clothing. All personal belongings must be clearly labelled with the child’s full name. Any unclaimed items will be cleared from “Lost and Found” at the end of every term.
- We accept no responsibility for children whilst in their parent/guardians’ care on school premises, such as on arrival before class and after pick up.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- All children must go through hand sanitisation and temperature checks before attending classes. Children who have a temperature of 37.5°C and higher will be sent home to rest. They must be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- If your child is unwell, under any medication, or has not completely recovered from an illness, you are requested to inform us prior to class. Please do not send your child to school if s/he is sick.
- Mulberry House International Kindergarten (MHKG) has a nut free policy. Food or drinks containing nuts or nut extracts are not served during snack time. Parents of students with allergies must ensure they inform the school in writing during enrolment and update the admissions office in a timely manner whenever a new allergy is discovered or has developed.
PHOTOS & DIGITAL MEDIA
- We reserve the right to use photos, videos and/or sound recordings of children for teacher training, curriculum development, or promotional purpose, unless otherwise informed and/or parents opted out at the time of admission.
- Parents/Guardians are not permitted to take photos/videos of during class. Teachers will capture photos and videos to send to parents.
- Please do not replicate or repost images or videos of other child(ren) without explicit permission from the parents and their children.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT (PICS)
- In compliance with Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, any information which you provided during admission and/or throughout enrolment will be kept secure and confidential. It will only be handled by authorised personnel on a “need to know” basis.
- The Kindergarten may use personal data (such as name and contact details) to send communications that are relevant to parents and students, including but not limited to newsletters, programmes, courses, seminars, events and extra-curricular activities and selected third party service providers.
- The following group of activities are considered an extension of curriculum and not part of direct marketing or sending of promotional materials:
- Promoting activities related to curriculum (for example, activities paid for via “Termly Costs”) including school trips, excursions etc.
- School materials or activities that are mandatory, such as school uniforms
- Materials related to extracurricular activities etc. that are an extension to the curriculum, regardless of whether they are offered by staff or third-party agencies provided the activities are viewed as value-adding to students.
- School concerts or events that are considered an extension of curriculum.
- The school may share your personal data under these circumstances:
- With any other School setting within the Kindergarten’s network your child is attending or is transferring to.
- As required by court order, law or regulation, and/or if the Kindergarten suspects child abuse and if therefore required to disclose to the relevant authorities.
- Third-party service providers that are subjected to confidential non-disclosure agreement.
- All participants enrolled at Mulberry House International Kindergarten (MHKG) do so at their own risk. MHKG is not responsible for any loss, damage or injury to students or their guests as a result of participating in classes. MHKG reserves the right to make all final decision in the event of any dispute.
- MHKG reserves all rights to change or amend our policies, terms and conditions by notice in circumstances we consider as necessary and appropriate.