The great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness no one rejects dislikes avoids pleasure itself because it is pleasure but because know who do not those how to pursue pleasures rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful desires to obtain.Read More
Based on 40+ years of research in the US and Canada implementing dual-language immersion in English/Spanish and English/French (started in 1969), we firmly believe that our dual-language immersion environment works in every setting for the success of raising a bilingual /multilingual child. Our immersion learning fosters higher levels of fluency and motivation, turning both languages into the “Languages of Life” for your child for the rest of his or her life.
We provide an authentic 50-50 English-Mandarin bilingual programme to children 6 months to 6 years, guided by experienced and native speaking educators, with the serious purpose of raising fully bilingual, bi-cultural and bi-literate children.
We offer 3 streams to families depending on the family background and needs (AM/PM/Full-day):
- Dual-Language (50-50 English & Mandarin)
- Pure English
- Pure Mandarin
Our Pre-Nursery & Kindergarten curricula are based on inquiry-based learning, underpinned by UK’s Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) to offer children an all-round early childhood education.
Rather than teacher led theme-based and fact-based types of education in other schools, our inquiry-based learning is child-led and teacher-guided. Each term, teachers and students decide to inquire about concepts within the inquiry cycles of "Me, Care and Change". Guided by the UK's EYFS framework, our children are engaged in developmental appropriate exploration and experiments, cultivating their creativity, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Children learn best through inquiry, where they are given sufficient time and guidance to explore, experiment, and reflect on what they have learnt. At Mulberry House International Kindergarten, children learn through hands-on, active and self-motivated learning, which is essential in developing their lifelong motivation to acquire new knowledge. As children forge connections between themselves and the world, they establish a deep understanding of the world with proficiency in English and Mandarin.
We design and plan developmentally appropriate activities for children guided by EYFS, covering 3 prime areas and 4 specific areas of learning. Children learn through hands on, active and self motivated learning. This well established and holistic programme aims at cultivating children’s creativity and exploratory minds, enabling them to realise their unique potential.
3 Prime Areas:
- Personal, Social & Emotional: making relationships, building self-confidence and self-awareness, and managing feelings and behaviour
- Physical: handling movement and physical tasks, learning to take care of oneself
- Communication and Language: listening and speaking, understanding others, and responding to questions properly
4 Specific Areas:
English & Chinese Literacy: We aim to build a strong English and Chinese literacy foundation as a pre-school and kindergarten, getting students ready for the most competitive bilingual primary schools in Hong Kong since pre-school.
- For English, we follow the British Letters and Sounds Framework, and the “Get Reading Right” Phonics and Literacy programme.
- For Chinese, we follow the Greenfield Chinese Curriculum “I can read myself”(青田全語文閱讀課程-我自己會讀).
- Mathematics: covering all under 6s's concepts including: numbers, shape, space, measure, fractions and more...
- Understanding the World: people and communities, the world, and technology
- Expressive Arts and Design: exploring and using media and materials, and being imaginative
Inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach, we aim to respect and value each child while nurturing their curiosity and creativity. We follow the 5 guiding principals under the Reggio Emilia approach:
- "The Hundred Languages of Children": children develops various ways to communicate their thoughts and feelings, expressing themselves. We aim to encourage children to explore all of these various aspects.
“Environment Is Our Third Teacher”: everywhere you go around our schools, you will see reflections of our philosophy and pedagogy we subscribe to: classrooms with sustainable and natural materials, learning areas careful set up with loose parts and open-ended play, and children's "work" displayed at children's eye levels, and beautifully displayed.
- "The Power Of Documentation": our teachers document children's visible learning in our classdojo app weekly. Do not forget to subscribe to receive feeds. We also send out written reports each term.
- "Teachers As Guides": children are driven primarily by their interests to learn, our teachers will brainstorm together with children, guiding them towards a path of learning and creativity.
- "Parents As Partners": we value our community and encourage our parents to participate actively in child's educational experience. We also support parents with parent workshops on a regular basis.
The Mulberry House Learning Journey is an integrated pathway to your child’s success. It carefully builds upon developmental stages from 6 months to 6 years of age, developing every child’s social-emotional, physical and intellectual well being, as well as preparing your child to enter the desired bilingual and international primary schools.
Our journey consists of 3 key stages:
- Infants & Toddler: 6 – 16 Mths, 16 – 24 Mths, 24 – 32 Mths (Accompanied)
- Pre-Nursery: 2 – 3 Yrs (Unaccompanied)
- Kindergarten: 3 – 6 Yrs – K1, K2, and K3 (Unaccompanied)