Dual Language Immersion
Dual Language Immersion
Mulberry House is a Dual-Language School with kindergartens in Tai Po and Southside, where English and Mandarin Chinese language and culture are fully integrated throughout every aspect of a child’s learning experience. We offer two-way and one-way dual-language options to raise fully bilingual, bi-cultural and bi-literate children.
– Our morning sessions offer a complete Dual-Language environment, where each classroom is guided by two experienced and native speaking educators, one always speaks English while the other always speaks Mandarin. Throughout day to day life, children effortlessly absorb and experience both English and Mandarin as both “Living Languages”, building up their fluency and literacy levels.
– Our afternoon sessions give a variety of options to parents to supplement the target language input they are lacking at home. Students can choose from a mix of four options: 60%/40% English/Mandarin, 60%/40% Mandarin/English, 100% English and 100% Mandarin.
Our curriculum is Inquiry-Based blended with the Reggio Emilia approach, underpinned by Early Years Foundation Stage(EYFS)for children under 6 years old.Inquiry Based learning learning is a vital part of the Mulberry House curriculum, as it offers a rich framework that cultivates creativity, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Children learn best through inquiry, where they are given time and guidance to explore, to experiment, and to reflect on what they have learnt. At Mulberry House International Kindergarten, children learn through hands on, active and self-motivated learning, which is essential in developing their lifelong love of learning. As children forge connections between themselves and the world, they establish a deep understanding of the world.
Our programme builds upon the United Kingdom’s Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum, which sets clear expectations for each developmental stage covering 3 prime areas and 4 specific areas:
- Personal, Social & Emotional: making relationships, building self-confidence and self-awareness, and managing feelings and behaviour
- Physical: handling movement and physical tasks, learning to take care of oneself
- Communication and Language: listening and speaking, understanding others, and responding to questions properly
- Literacy: reading and writing (in English and Mandarin Chinese)
- Mathematics: numbers, shape, space and measure
- Understanding the World: people and communities, the world, and technology
- Expressive Arts and Design: exploring and using media and materials, and being imaginative
The Mulberry House Learning Journey
The Mulberry House learning journey is an integrated pathway to your child’s success. It carefully builds upon developmental stages between 6 months old to 6 years old, developing each child’s social-emotional, physical and intellectual well being. This learning journey is formed by 4 key stages:
- Infant & Toddler (6 Mths – 16 Mths Kiwi Class; 16 Mths – 24 Mths Toddler Class) – Accompanied
- Transition (2 Yrs – 2 Yrs 8 Mths) – Accompanied
- Pre-Nursery (2 Yrs – 3 Yrs) – Unaccompanied
- Kindergarten (3 – 6 Yrs – K1, K2, and K3) – Unaccompanied