Our curriculum is Inquiry-Based blended with the Reggio Emilia approach,underpinned by Early Years Foundation Stage(EYFS)for children under 6 years old.Inquiry Based learning learning is a vital part of the Mulberry House curriculum, as it offers a rich framework that cultivates creativity, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Children learn best through inquiry, where they are given time and guidance to explore, to experiment, and to reflect on what they have learnt. At Mulberry House International Kindergarten, children learn through hands on, active and self-motivated learning, which is essential in developing their lifelong love of learning. As children forge connections between themselves and the world, they establish a deep understanding of the world.
Our programme builds upon the United Kingdom’s Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum, which sets clear expectations for each developmental stage covering 3 prime areas and 4 specific areas:
- Personal, Social & Emotional: making relationships, building self-confidence and self-awareness, and managing feelings and behaviour
- Physical: handling movement and physical tasks, learning to take care of oneself
- Communication and Language: listening and speaking, understanding others, and responding to questions properly
- Literacy: reading and writing (in English and Mandarin Chinese)
- Mathematics: numbers, shape, space and measure
- Understanding the World: people and communities, the world, and technology
- Expressive Arts and Design: exploring and using media and materials, and being imaginative
English & Chinese (Mandarin) Immersion
Mulberry House International Kindergarten welcomes and celebrates diversity and acknowledges each child’s unique background in Hong Kong. We also believe language development is critical in the early years, hence both English and Mandarin Chinese are fully integrated into our inquiry-based curriculum.
Our carefully chosen English and Mandarin qualified and experienced Early Years teachers are all native speakers. They guide children through music, stories, movement, arts, exploration etc and at the same time, allowing them to inquire about the world in both languages, while building up their vocabulary and literacy levels as well as speaking and writing skills.
We are fully committed in raising fluent bilingual children. We offer English immersion, Chinese immersion and Bilingual immersion streams based on families’ language exposure and need at home.
English & Chinese Literacy
We build a strong English and Chinese literacy foundation for children in our Kindergarten programme, using well established and researched backed curriculums. For English, we follow the British Letters and Sounds Framework, and the “Get Reading Right” Phonics and Literacy programme. For Chinese, we follow the Greenfield Chinese Curriculum “I can read myself”(青田全語文閱讀課程-我自己會讀).
The Mulberry House Learning Journey
The Mulberry House learning journey is an integrated pathway to your child’s success. It carefully builds upon developmental stages between 6 months old to 6 years old, developing each child’s social-emotional, physical and intellectual well being. This learning journey is formed by 4 key stages:
- Infant & Toddler (6 Mths – 16 Mths Kiwi Class; 16 Mths – 24 Mths Toddler Class) – Accompanied
- Transition (2 Yrs – 2 Yrs 8 Mths) – Accompanied
- Pre-Nursery (2 Yrs – 3 Yrs) – Unaccompanied
- Kindergarten (3 – 6 Yrs) – Unaccompanied