At Mulberry House International Kindergarten, children learn through an inquiry-based curriculum that focuses on hands on, active and self-motivated learning, which develops their love for learning lifelong.
Our programme builds upon the United Kingdom’s Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum, which sets clear expectations for each developmental stage covering 3 prime areas and 4 specific areas:
- Personal, Social & Emotional: making relationships, building self-confidence and self-awareness, and managing feelings and behaviour
- Physical: handling movement and physical tasks, learning to take care of oneself
- Communication and Language: listening and speaking, understanding others, and responding to questions properly
- Literacy: reading and writing (in English and Mandarin Chinese)
- Mathematics: numbers, shape, space and measure
- Understanding the World: people and communities, the world, and technology
- Expressive Arts and Design: exploring and using media and materials, and being imaginative
BILINGUAL AND BICULTURAL LEARNING
Mulberry House International Kindergarten welcomes and celebrates diversity and acknowledges each child’s unique background in Hong Kong. We also believe language development is critical in the early years, hence both English and Mandarin Chinese are fully integrated into our inquiry-based curriculum.
Our carefully chosen English and Mandarin qualified and experienced Early Years teachers are all native speakers. They guide children through music, stories, movement, arts, exploration etc and at the same time, allowing them to inquire about the world in both languages, while building up their vocabulary and literacy levels as well as speaking and writing skills.