The great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness no one rejects dislikes avoids pleasure itself because it is pleasure but because know who do not those how to pursue pleasures rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful desires to obtain.Read More
- What is the full capacity of the school?
The kindergarten has a full capacity of 224 for both the AM and PM section.
- What is your class size?
Our EDB approved class size is 28, while we would like to maintain a small class size of 20-22 with 2 teachers in each classroom.
- What makes you unique among other kindergartens near Taipo?
We are the only Reggio Emilia inspired, inquiry-based bilingual Kindergarten in the Taipo area. With a beautiful setting of 20,000 sq ft campus, brightly-lit classrooms, a spacious indoor area and an outdoor area for children to play, learn and discover. Led by experienced and passionate early childhood educators, children will become culturally and linguistically fluent in English and Mandarin, as well as develop a lifelong love of learning, and be well prepared for primary schools.
- Where do your teachers come from?
Highly qualified and experienced teachers are recruited internationally and locally. Currently our English speaking teachers come from the US, UK, Australia and Canada, and Mandarin speaking teachers come from mainland China.
Our carefully chosen English and Mandarin qualified and experienced Early Years teachers are all native speakers. They guide children through music, stories, movement, arts, exploration etc and at the same time, allowing them to inquire about the world in both languages, while building up their vocabulary and literacy levels.
- What are the details of the school curriculum?
Please refer to the Curriculum .
- Will you be teaching Mandarin? Do you use traditional or simplified characters for Mandarin teaching?
Yes. We believe language development is critical in the early years, hence both English and Mandarin Chinese are fully integrated into our inquiry-based curriculum, aiming to deliver at a 50/50 split.
We teach in Traditional Chinese characters.
- Will there be any transition programme or special arrangements at school to help the child to settle down, especially for the children in the pre-nursery class as it is a totally new experience for them?
Yes. From Mid august each year, there is 2-3 weeks of transition period for young children, so that children and parents or adult carers may visit the kindergarten together and meet new class friends, becoming familiar and comfortable with a new learning environment. During this transitional period:
– Children will get to know more about their new teacher(s), explore their classrooms, indoor and outdoor play areas, toilets etc. – Teachers will observe and discuss with parents on each individual child’s learning preference, family background and need, and build a long term parent relationship for better ongoing learning feedback and support. – Parents can meet other parents and getting into a warm and supportive community. All above factors will assist children in having a smooth transition before September beginning of school
- Do you provide any school bus service?
Yes. Please get in touch for more details.
- Will current parents be able to visit the kindergarten?
Yes. At Mulberry House International Kindergarten, we deeply value the home-school partnership with families. Parents are officially invited by classroom teachers to visit classes, join school activities, do story reading and share their expertise for children’ to get a wide variety of exposure. Parents are also invited to join parenting seminars, workshops, open days etc. Please refer to Parents’ Insights page (coming soon).
- Can interested parents come and see the kindergarten?
Yes, we would be delighted to meet all interested parents and their children. It would be a good opportunity for you to come in to meet our wonderful team of educators and to see how our teachers engage with the children. We will be posting both online and face-to-face Parent Information Sessions very shortly.
You may also contact the Admissions Team through email email@example.com or call 5598 0909 for an appointment for a Campus Visit.
- Would I be able to talk privately with a school representative?
Yes, please refer to Contact us page, leave your information and we will contact you.